Friday Nov 20, 2020
Friday Nov 20, 2020
Today we are reporting on the 'FLIP device' and give you an update on the likely aetiology of achalasia.
There have been studies on 'motorised spiral enteroscopy'. Is a motor really a good thing inside the small bowel?
We are surprised to see a complete turnaround in the recommendations from Sheffield on how to diagnose Coeliac disease !
Sadly, surveillance in patients with MUTyH related polyposis doesn't seem to save lives.
Should we all start doing 'full thickness' colonic resections? I urge caution!
Finally, there have been some good news and some bad news on the topic of emergency GI bleeding ...
- Savarino E. T Use of the Functional Lumen Imaging Probe. American Journal of Gastroenterology 2020;115(11):1786-96
- Campagna RAJ. Intraoperative assessment of oesophageal motility using FLIP during myotomy for achalasia. Surgical Endoscopy 2020;34(6):2593-2600
- Ikebuchi Y. microRNAs in biopsy samples of lower oesophageal sphincter muscle during peroral endoscopic myotomy for oesophageal achalasia. Digestive Endoscopy. 2020;32(1):136-42
- Ramchandani M. Diagnostic yield and therapeutic impact of novel motorized spiral enteroscopy in small-bowel disorders: a single-center, real-world experience from a tertiary care hospital. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2020 Jul 12.
- Beyna T. Total motorized spiral enteroscopy: first prospective clinical feasibility trial. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2020 Oct 31.
- Penny HA. Accuracy of a no-biopsy approach for the diagnosis of coeliac disease across different adult cohorts. Gut 2020 Nov 02.
- Guz-Mark A. High rates of serology testing for coeliac disease, and low rates of endoscopy in serologically positive children and adults in Israel: lessons from a large real-world database. European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2020;32(3):329-34
- Thomas LE. Duodenal adenomas and cancer in MUTYH-associated polyposis: an international cohort study. Gastroenterology. 2020 Oct 29.
- Patel R. MUTYH-associated polyposis - colorectal phenotype and management. Colorectal Disease 2020;22(10):1271-78
- Yeh JH. Long-term Outcomes of Primary Endoscopic Resection vs Surgery for T1 Colorectal Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2020;18(12):2813-23
- Boger P. Endoscopic full thickness resection in the colo-rectum: outcomes from the UK Registry. European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2020 Oct 29.
- Zwager LW. Endoscopic full-thickness resection (eFTR) of colorectal lesions: results from the Dutch colorectal eFTR registry. Endoscopy. 2020;52(11):1014-23
- Lee HS. Comparison of conventional and modified endoscopic mucosal resection methods for the treatment of rectal neuroendocrine tumors. Surgical Endoscopy. 2020 Oct 22.
- Kherad O. Systematic review with meta-analysis: limited benefits from early colonoscopy in acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding. [Review] Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 52(5):774-88, 2020 09.
- Alzoubadi D. Outcomes from an international multicenter registry of patients with acute gastrointestinal bleeding undergoing endoscopic treatment with Hemospray. Digestive Endoscopy. 2020;32(1):96-110