Monday May 24, 2021
EoE, ERAT, BLI, NF-NBI and MSH6
Monday May 24, 2021
Monday May 24, 2021
This time our Podcast is full of both important and interesting studies. We present new evidence on how to treat pancreatic pseudocysts with hydrogen peroxide, the benefit of PPI's on EoE, an large study of endoscopic treatment of appendicitis, and find that our trusty indigo carmine dye spray is still going strong! Then we have an interesting paper on the appalling effect of mountain sickness on the stomach, transplantation on the risk of polyps and when to stop Barrett's surveillance.
Thanks to our Partners at Pentax medical for your Support !
References reviewed includes;
- Laserna MEJ et.al. Efficacy of Therapy for Eosinophilic Esophagitis in Real-World Practice.
- Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 18(13):2903-2911.e4, 2020 12.
- Greuter T et.al. Effectiveness and Safety of High- vs Low-Dose Swallowed Topical Steroids for Maintenance Treatment of Eosinophilic Esophagitis: A Multicenter Observational Study.
- Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2020 Aug 13.
- Ding W et.al. Endoscopic retrograde appendicitis therapy (ERAT) for management of acute appendicitis. Surgical Endoscopy. 2021 May 13.
- Becq A et.al. ERCP within 6 or 12 h for acute cholangitis: a propensity score-matched analysis. Surgical Endoscopy. 2021 May 11.
- Ashkar MH et.al. Increased Risk of Advanced Colonic Adenomas and Timing of Surveillance Colonoscopy Following Solid Organ Transplantation. Digestive Diseases & Sciences. 2021 May 10.
- Chandrasekhara V et.al. Predicting the need for step-up therapy after EUS-guided drainage of pancreatic fluid collections with lumen-apposing metal stents. Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2021 May 06.
- Messallam AA et.al. Endoscopic Necrosectomy With and Without Hydrogen Peroxide for Walled-off Pancreatic Necrosis: A Multicenter Comparative Study. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 116(4):700-709, 2021 Apr.
- Shiroma S et.al. Timing of bleeding and thromboembolism associated with endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric cancer in Japan. Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2021 May 07
- Yasuda T et.al. Benefits of linked color imaging for recognition of early differentiated-type gastric cancer: in comparison with indigo carmine contrast method and blue laser imaging. Surgical Endoscopy. 35(6):2750-2758, 2021 Jun.
- Kim JW et.al. Narrowband imaging with near-focus magnification for discriminating the gastric tumor margin before endoscopic resection: A prospective randomized multicenter trial. Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 35(11):1930-1937, 2020 Nov.
- Surek A et.al. Risk factors affecting failure of colonoscopic detorsion for sigmoid colon volvulus: a single center experience. International Journal of Colorectal Disease. 36(6):1221-1229, 2021 Jun.
- Clark G et.al. Transition to quantitative faecal immunochemical testing from guaiac faecal occult blood testing in a fully rolled-out population-based national bowel screening programme. Gut. 70(1):106-113, 2021 Jan.
- Gachabayov M et.al. Performance evaluation of stool DNA methylation tests in colorectal cancer screening: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Colorectal Disease. 23(5):1030-1042, 2021 05.
- Forbes N et.al. Association Between Endoscopist Annual Procedure Volume and Colonoscopy Quality: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 18(10):2192-2208.e12, 2020 09.
- Fruehauf H et.al. Evaluation of Acute Mountain Sickness by Unsedated Transnasal Esophagogastroduodenoscopy at High Altitude. Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 18(10):2218-2225.e2, 2020 09.
- Goverde A et.al. Yield of Lynch Syndrome Surveillance for Patients With Pathogenic Variants in DNA Mismatch Repair Genes. Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 18(5):1112-1120.e1, 2020 05.
- Lamba M et.al. Associations Between Mutations in MSH6 and PMS2 and Risk of Surveillance-detected Colorectal Cancer. Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 18(12):2768-2774, 2020 11.
- Omidvar AH et.al. The optimal age to stop endoscopic surveillance of Barrett's esophagus patients based on sex and comorbidity: a comparative cost-effectiveness analysis. Gastroenterology. 2021 May 08.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.